Bock Fest 2011
Another Bock Fest in the books! Festers showed up with bells on this year. It seemed they had but one mission- to kick winter in the glass! Needless to say, it was a joyous celebration that united both locals and those traveling far and wide. Thanks to all 5,500 of you who helped to make the event a success!
Amazingly, 6 of the 7 Bocks were found at this year’s fest! According to urban legend, if all 7 bocks were found, winter would end quickly and sweet. With the February bock still roaming the Flandrau hillside, it looks like Old Man Winter prevails with yet another winter storm predicted to hit Southern Minnesota this week. However, one can only hope that with most of the winter Bocks captured, this snowy season will end sooner rather than later. Congratulations to those who were able to capture a bock.
- November: Chris Byron and J. Scruggs- Waseca, MN
- December: Adam Schneider- Inver Grove, MN
- January: Unfortunately the January Bock was stolen from the grounds. If returned, recognition can be given to those who caught it. If you have found or know the whereabouts of this missing bock, please contact Schells Brewery. The bocks are of great historical significance to Schells because it is the only record of previous finders, with each finder recorded on the back of the bock.
- February: Not found
- March: Darren Lochner and Michael Russell-Minneapolis, MN
- King: Nick Fruhwirth, Krista Windschitl and 2 others- New Ulm, MN
- Queen: Janet Weeden- Iowa
In addition to finding most of the bocks, another exciting feature to this years fest was the expansion of the grounds to accommodate a 4th bar. This really seemed to alleviate the congestion within the park and shorten the bar and port-a-potty lines! Also our new recycling initiative was a great success at this year’s fest! Thanks to all of you, we were able to recycle over 50% of our cups!
Also, Thank you to T&T Productions for keeping the music flowing and festers dancing at our new bar expansion in the woods. As always, many thanks to the Bock Fest Boys for their harmonious vocals entertaining those near the main stage. Also, a big thanks to all of our wonderful volunteers and employees- Bock Fest would not be possible if it wasn’t for your hard work and dedication.
Prost to another Bock Fest,