Schell's Fire Fighters Charity Chili Cook-off is Back!
Schell’s is gearing up for round 2 of its Annual Fire Fighters Charity Chili Cook-off.
This ultimate chili showdown will be held on May 21st, 2011! Fire departments from across the state will travel to the brewery grounds to compete in the one-and-only Schell’s chili cook-off competition- there is nothing like it! This event is open to the public and all are welcome to attend. Proceeds will go to benefit competing fire departments, so make sure to stop out and show your support!
Attendees’ can expect more out of the day than just great chili. People coming out to the brewery for the afternoon can also plan on great beer, music, and camaraderie! Bring the kiddies, as there will be plenty of root beer and root beer floats for purchase! For those history buffs, brewery tours will be available during the afternoon. While you are here, make sure to vote for your favorite chili for the People’s Choice Award. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will walk away with a $1000 dollar donation to their fire department! Just by attending you will be giving back to these heroes as all of the gate proceeds will be donated back to the winning fire departments charity of choice. Other great prizes include; the Teddy Award ($2,000), Brew Crew Award ($1,000), and last but not least, the Showmanship Award ($500).
In the words of Ted Marti: “We had so much fun last year, we had to bring it back. It was great to see families enjoying a wonderful day at the brewery with great chili, music, and refreshments, all the while supporting these everyday heroes from our communities.”
So make sure you come out and show your love and support for these wonderful men and women who serve our communities! It’s going to be a great time!
- Admission to the event: $5 Adults (18+), $2 Kids (4-17), $FREE (3 and under)
- Hours: Gate opens at 10:45. Award ceremony is at approximately 3pm.
- Brewery Tours: $3 for adults, $Free for children 12 and under
- If you are interested in participating or know of a department interested in participating at this year’s cook-off, please contact Liz Prunty- firstname.lastname@example.org. She can help you with any questions you may have.
- Come see what’s brewing in our wonderful community. Go to www.newulm.com for a list of must see’s and do’s while you are in town. If you are looking for a great place to stay, eat, or play, you can find it on newulm.com!