Spring has officially sprung (woo!) and if you’re anything like us, you’ve been chomping at the bit for grilling season to finally return.
Well, good news – it’s here!
To kick off your grilling escapades we’ve got some tasty fish tacos and a delicious Hefeweizen paired with it. Give it a try, let us know what you think, and most importantly, ENJOY THE NICE WEATHER!
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Schell’s Hefeweizen (The rest is to enjoy with the meal!)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 small orange
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lb cod or tilapia
For the Salsa:
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, diced (and seeded, if desired)
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- For serving
- 4-6 Small flour tortillas
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place marinade ingredients in a large zippered bag, add fish, and let sit in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the marinade in a medium sauce pan or pot over high heat, bring to a boil, and let reduce to ~1/4 cup.
- Grill the fish ~4-5 minutes per side, until it’s opaque in the center and flakes easily.
- To serve, top tortillas with flaked fish, a scoop of salsa, and a drizzle of the beer reduction.
Yields: 4-6 servings