Better with Beer: Union Lager
We’ve got a brand new collabrewation (hah, get it) hot off the press. Union Lager is a Dortmunder-style lager brewed in celebration of our friends over at Fair State Brewing Cooperative’s newfound status as a Union Brewery. This Lager is crisp, easy to drink, and super crushable.
Just like every other Schell’s Beer, Union Lager is best enjoyed with the people that you love – our beer is #BrewedtoGather through and through. And nothing screams family and friends more than a good ole seafood boil. Down below, we’ve got a great, crowd-pleasing recipe for you to try, and it even includes Union Lager! Grab your favorite people, some German sausage, a pack of Union Lager and get ready for the perfect spring afternoon.
German Brat Seafood Boil
- 1 package (19 ounces) uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 quarts water
- 2 Cans Schell’s Union Lager
- 1/2 cup seafood seasoning
- 5 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over medium heat, turning frequently, until meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Grill onion, covered, until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Cut bratwurst into 2-in. pieces.
- In a stockpot, combine water, beer and seafood seasoning; add corn, potatoes, lemon, bratwurst and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in cod; cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper.