Sip Some Bock And Pray For Spring!
While the beer doesn’t always speed the arrival of Spring, it will at least keep you warm. Come beckon warmer weather with a mug full of Bock, music, and food. Seven Bocks of Winter are hiding around the brewery and in Flandrau State Park, waiting for brave festers to venture out and capture them. Armed with completely useless clues and Bock beer, hunters will comb the park in search of these elusive bocks. Our two human St. Bernards, with kegs of Bock beer strapped to their backs, are ready to be dispatched at a moments notice of the first signs of thirst. Oft-repeated tales depict their heroic exploits, finding festers roaming the woods at wits end, searching for another glass of Schell’s Bock beer. Once they receive nourishment, they find the strength to go forth and continue their search for the stealthy bocks. Legend has it if all Seven Bocks of Winter are captured and brought back to the brewery, winter will release its icy grip on Minnesota, and bring an early spring. (This has never been scientifically proven and is widely disputed among scholars to this day.)
For those not hearty enough to leave the Schell’s Brewery fest grounds, feel no shame. Schell’s beer, brats, live music and warm fire await you. Grab yourself a Schell’s Bock and brag to your friends of how you braved the Minnesota forest “last year” and found all seven bocks yourself. Your friends will be so impressed with your exploits, you probably won’t have to buy another beer the entire time you’re here! Head over to the fire and have your beer “poked” by our fire tenders, giving your Bock beer some nice caramel flavors.
And when the final bock has been wrangled, the last Ring of Fire sung, the last keg tapped and last mug hoisted, its time to close the books on another Bock Fest…Unless you want to stick around and help with the cleanup! But the party doesn’t stop there. Festers flock to downtown New Ulm for a fun-filled night of friendship. And when the night has run its course and it’s time to call it quits, we ask that you call for a ride home! Be safe out there!
August Schell Brewing Company
1860 Schell Road, New Ulm, MN 56073
- Ticket cost $10
- 21 plus event. ID’s required
- Tickets will also be available at the gate on the day of the event for $10. Limit of 10 per purchase
- Limited number of tickets will be sold in advance. Gift shop will open its doors at 10 a.m. on the day of advanced ticket sales and will sell tickets as long as they are available. Online sales will begin at 10 a.m. on February 4th and last as long as tickets are available. Can’t make it to the brewery to get your tickets? No problem, we’re selling them online as well!
- Sorry, no refunds on advanced tickets
- Purchase your tickets here!
- Saturday, March 2, 2019: 11:00am-4:30pm at the brewery
- 10:30 – Gates open for advanced ticket holders only!
- 11:00 – Gates open for cash purchase
- 11:00 – The first keg is tapped and the music begins
- 4:30 – Gates close
What to Know Before You Attend
- 21 plus event. ID’s required
- No pets are allowed on the fest grounds the day of Bock Fest
- Backpacks will be searched
- Plan on taking a bus to Bock Fest? Check out this link to ensure your bus meets all inspection requirements from the Minnesota State Patrol
- Phone orders are not available at this time
- It is illegal to drink on the streets of New Ulm so we ask that if you are coming early to get in line, refrain from drinking on the streets. Festers refusing to abide by this may be cited by local authorities.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed inside the gates
Let’s have an awesome time this year! Bock Fest is a great event where people come from all over the United States (and even the world) to enjoy a joyous day out in the Minnesota elements! Prost!
Check out the other events happening around town during Bock Fest. There will also be a free shuttle.