- Operate fermentation, cellaring, filtration, brewing and sanitation systems according to good manufacturing practice.
- Maintain established quality parameters within the raw material handling, brewer, and cellar operations.
- Record and verify all required data, within the brewery.
- Submit daily logs for operations control and input data into Orchestrated Beer software.
- Assist in the maintenance and requirement of raw material and process material inventories.
- Provide required samples for laboratory analysis.
- Monitor mechanical and operational integrity of brewing equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment from all aspects of production, including fermentation, cellaring, filtration and brewing.
- Conduct active, effective communication
- Work variable shifts, as scheduled.
- Work with prescribed cleaning chemicals, based upon established protocol, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain sanitary standards for the microbial integrity of the products.
- Maintain the operational and aesthetic condition of the facility.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- 2-year technical college degree preferred. Formal brewing education strongly preferred
- Must be able to work in a varying environment, including hot and cold temperatures, while standing, walking, and climbing stairs continuously up to 12 hours per day.
- Demonstrated mechanical proficiency.
- The ability to follow and understand SOP’s, multitasking and attention to detail are a must.
- Able to lift 55 lbs and move 165 lbs occasionally
- Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Competent with MS Office
- Excellent time management
- Able to operate a forklift
- Enjoy making great beer!!
To apply, please send your resume and references to email@example.com
This is a seasonal part-time position. Hours will average around 20 per week in spring and fall, and roughly 30 – 35 in the summer months. Winter months will have limited hours on an as needed basis only.
- Grass cutting, weeding, painting and staining, lawn equipment repair and maintenance, snow clearing, salting, trash removal, and all other duties as assigned.
- Bedding area preparations, i.e. roto-tilling etc.
- Raking, weeding and cleaning bedding areas.
- Watering as needed.
- Garden design.
- Chemical applications as required.
- Starting seedlings and planting seasonal flowers.
- Maintaining and cleaning fountains.
- Ensuring safety and security on the Brewery grounds.
- Maintaining all lawn areas; mowing, weeding, and edging, as well as maintaining all exterior trash receptacles, pick up and properly dispose of all exterior trash and debris.
- Snow and ice control.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Participate in planning of garden areas.
- Responsible for participating in Schell’s events/programs for quality assessment and utilization and improvement of the brewery grounds.
- Work with management to improve grounds and services provided.
- Responsible for care and feeding of animals on grounds.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Previous experience with property maintenance, including caring for plants, trees and flowers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with staff and visitors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule due to inclement weather issues that may interfere with regularly scheduled hours.
- Ensuring safety and security in the estate.
- Must be able meet the physical requirements of the position. This may include standing, walking, lifting, squatting and bending for up to 10 hours a day. The individual must be able to lift to 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds on occasion.
- Must have strong initiative for tackling projects on the grounds as see fit.