The Director of Operations will work closely with the executive management and Head Brewer to ensure a consistency with process and beer production goals. This position oversees management of beer brewing and packaging operations as well as quality control and annual initiatives, including sustainability. They will work closely with production planning, sales, and purchasing. As part of the management team, the Director of Operations will be expected to contribute to our continued growth and expansion initiatives.
Oversee all operations: Brew House & Cellar, Packaging, Maintenance and Quality Control. Within Direct Report group, lead the team management responsibilities (includes, staffing decisions, awards/disciplinary actions, performance management, tracking and improving efficiencies, training and safety). This position will work closely with the President and Purchasing/Inventory to achieve production goals.
- With the Management Team, develop and implement long & short-term planning goals. Collaborate on all production activities and create schedules to meet sales forecasts and demands.
- Monitor and continuously improve brewing operations with regards to efficiency, cost reduction and profitability.
- Translate the overall business strategy into operational goals and objectives for the brewery.
- Researches and implements industry trends and compliance initiatives to evolve the brewery operations standards.
- Standardize procedures and protocols and ensure they are being adhered to.
- Analyze labor requirements on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that operations is abiding by the highest expectation of cleanliness.
- Provide guidance and mentorship of management staff and align goals to overall company initiatives.
- Develop a standardized maintenance program and ensure consistency in maintenance practices throughout the plant.
- Develop and manage a progressive training program that is in line with Company objectives.
- Maintain brewing areas to ensure operations comply with Company Quality, Sanitation, and Safety standards.
- Oversee the purchasing and negotiations for brew house materials, and packaged goods, as well as the inventory management of above and finished products.
- With the President (i.e. Ted and Kyle), oversee the design, operation and improvement of systems that produce the Company’s products.
- Assess equipment purchases and major expenditures to maximize benefit; seek appropriate level approval(s).
- Guarantee a safe working environment for employees by maintaining the facility and equipment in an optimal working environment and enforces adherence to safe work practices.
- Overall goal is to produce the highest quality beer as possible with regards to consistency and taste.
- Oversee the Company’s Quality program and practices.
- With the Quality Manager, develop and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods. Also, with the QC team, ensure compliance standards are consistently met or exceeded.
- With the Head Brewer and Brewing team, ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to, improved upon where applicable and trained to for new hires/transfers.
- Work with Finance to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish key metrics and then develop & implement plans to achieve production goals, always keeping profitability as one of our priorities.
- Evaluate operating results throughout the brewery to ensure that beer growth objectives are being met and makes sure that key metrics are communicated to the team.
- Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of a operations budget.
- Support Company events (local or national) as required; assist Sales Force as needed
- Be a champion for the Company in the brewing community.
- A formal brewing education or professional brewing experience is considered above all else
- BA / BS in Chemistry &/or Biology, Business, Management, Operations Research, or Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive management experience, preferably in the beverage industry.
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational improvement initiatives that are sustainable and provide favorable bottom line impact
- Solid / proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
- A strong understanding of process controls.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive morale in the workforce. Breathe some more life into our Ops team through innovating processes and creating a learning environment.
- An understanding of Laboratory Operations / Quality Control procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including but not limited to OSHA and safety standards, Government regulatory programs, like HACCP, EPA, and production management systems.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with emphasis on financial acumen.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel spreadsheets.
- Prior experience implementing “best in class” fulfillment strategies, including lean and six-sigma processes.
- Frequently walk and occasionally bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop, and crouch. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds.
- Use hands to perform fine manipulation, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Identify product deficiencies (color, smell, taste). This requires having close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accountable for providing guests with information about our history, breweries, and products.
- Greets guests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Understands and speaks to the history, knowledge, and facts about the location.
- Respond to customer questions and requests.
- Responsible for the safety of tour guests.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills that are required to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Have a flexible schedule; scheduling can vary to nights or weekends, including festival and holiday times.
- Assist in Schell’s Brewery events and festivals.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Excellent communication skills and customer service is of the utmost priority to you
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time to conduct tours
- Requires the ability to climb stairs on each tour
- Confident, competent, and eager to learn new things
To apply, please send your resume or application to email@example.com