Bottle House Machine Operator
Location: New Ulm, MN
Position Type: Full-Time (hourly)
Schell’s Brewery has a great opportunity for an individual to join our team as a full-time Production Machine Operator. This position requires flexibility on weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently operate packaging equipment (de-palletizer, filler, labeler, drop-packer, cardboard erectors, palletizer, etc.) to ensure a consistent and high quality finished product.
- Cross train on all packaging equipment and possibly rotate positions
- Troubleshoot machinery during operation
- Manage quality control on all machine applications
- Maintain quality control of product leaving designated machine
- Wear proper safety equipment
- Verify daily packaging schedule prior to start-up
- Clean machines at the end of the packaging run
- Drive forklifts in a safe and efficient manner; may need to supply packaging line and keg line with materials
- Rotate all stock (first in-first –out)
- Maintain warehouse/work area cleanliness and organization
- Openly communicate ideas and suggestions for improvements
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required and assigned
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule as business needs dictate, which would include overtime
- Basic understanding of operation of all 3 lines – kegging, bottling, canning,
- Technical capacity
- Organization skills
- Problem solving/analytical
- Customer/client focus
- Time management
- Performance management
- Business acumen
- Actively manage employees (performance, hiring, back-up for lab functions)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude
- Knowledge of tools and machinery – including experience with pumps, valves, packaging machinery
- 1-2 years working with PLC equipment
- Accurate math skills
- Strong work ethics, and the ability to work effectively as a team, but also able to work efficiently alone.
- Intermediate Computer skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to package quality beer per August Schell Brewing Company’s standards and procedures, including quality and quantity requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Class A Driver’s License or the ability to obtain a Class A Driver’s License.
- Support new ideas and help implement them.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a manufacturing environment.
- Organization skills including attention to detail Strong time management skills Simple math and ability to complete forms and write instructions Understanding of Good Brewing Practices (GBP) and Food
- Safety Standards is driven to meet August Schell Brewing Company’s purpose to responsibly craft exceptional beers that are relevant to today’s and tomorrow’s consumer.
- Acknowledge that each Schell’s team member is important and a positive contributor to our success.
- Experience in brewing a plus
- Forklift Certification experience a plus
To apply, please send your resume and references to to firstname.lastname@example.org